AUS-ION™ 'RAW' 26cm Wrought Iron Chef's Skillet
Seamless 1-piece Australian Iron Professional Cookware
Australian-made, seamless 1-piece, locally sourced iron commercial pan - 'RAW' finish: coated in natural beeswax/vegetable oil for rust protection, ready for your seasoning & cooking. Please review all product details & images before purchase.
Please note: This exceptional product is only available here, directly from SOLIDTEKNICS online.
26cm AUS-ION™ RAW 'workhorse’ Chef’s Skillet, 3mm Australian wrought iron, made in Australia in a patented single piece construction. Raw finish, wax coated, ready for seasoning. A remarkably versatile pan that will never need replacing. Induction compatible and tough enough for any oven (except microwaves), any cooktop and open flame.
Each pan is engraved with the month and year of manufacture for heirloom collectibility.
L 53cm, Diam 26cm, H at handle 10cm, H of bowl 4.3cm, 1.6kg
AUS-ION™ Australian-made wrought iron professional cookware is perfect for everyday oil/fat based frying, grilling, etc. AUS-ION™ cooks and seasons like all bare cast iron cookware, but is half the weight. Seasoned iron is the only known non-toxic and forever-renewable non-stick. All other non-stick cookware is made with toxic and/or disposable synthetic coatings.
Please ensure you are familier with our seasoning and care instructions here before purchase.
What is RAW?
'RAW' refers to the surface finish: Just traditional raw iron, with no seasoning or surface blasting. Coated in natural beeswax/vegetable oil for rust protection, ready for your seasoning and cooking.
What is this seasoning you speak of?
If you are new to iron cookware seasoning is basically ‘build your own’ natural non-stick and it is the reason why bare iron cookware can become non-stick without toxic and/or disposable synthetic coatings. It involves a process called polymerisation whereby oil and fat is transformed by heat and bonds to the iron, creating a non-toxic natural non-stick surface that you build and maintain yourself over time. If you cook with fats and oils and wash carefully, your natural non-stick will keep renewing for many lifetimes. Your pan will naturally darken in colour as the seasoning develops.
Natural seasoning is healthy, non-toxic and forever renewable. Discover how easy it is to build-your-own healthy, non-stick and forever-renewable AUS-ION™ cooking surface here and never replace a non-stick pan again!
Background: We originally launched our AUS-ION™ pans in smooth pre-seasoned surface finish in 2015, and they were an immediate success. A year later we re-introduced them with a more expensive ‘Satin’ surface finish with pre-seasoning, and they just kept growing in popularity. The Satin finish made seasoning easier for all the cooks who were new to real iron pans in Australia (the rough surface grips seasoning better when the pan is new, making them easier for inexperienced seasoners - you can find these AUS-ION™ ‘Satin’ pans in other sections of our store). However, ultimately both surface finishes will end up in the same place with the correct care and lots of cooking.
Eliminating the expensive Satin finishing and seasoning operations significantly lowers cost, and we hope this helps many more new cooks afford our healthy and sustainable multi-generation cookware. We also hope our current supporters can more affordably give the gift of heirloom wrought iron to the cooks they love.
AUS-ION™ features and benefits at a glance:
- Ergonomic handle, venting in neck to dissipate heat and reduce heat transfer at grip for cooler handing with regular use.
- World first One-piece, rivet & weld free construction for improved hygiene & durability (patents pending) - no food trapped around rivets, no wobbly handles ever.
- Suitable for induction and any cook top/oven/flame source (except microwave)
- Build your own natural seasoning to make these pans very nonstick. Traditional oil based seasoning is healthy, toxin-free, and forever renewable – just like cast iron, only ½ the weight. Watch the videos to see how easy it is here: http://www.solidteknics.com/ironcare
- Multi-century warranty (single piece construction, no coatings, thick & tough): http://www.solidteknics.com/warranty/ Not a marketing gimmick, just solid engineering.
SOLIDTEKNICS AUS-ION™ wrought iron (low-carbon steel), and nöni™ ferritic stainless steel cookware are the only two production cookware ranges made in Australia. Both ranges are non-toxic, healthy, sustainable, and multi-century durable. AUS-ION™ and nöni™ are also World-first seamless, rivet-free, 1-piece wrought pans, with patents pending.
Ideally, every cook interested in healthy, non-toxic, and sustainable cooking will have a mixture of iron and stainless steel pans in the kitchen, because each has its strengths for different types of cooking:
1. AUS-ION™ Australian-made wrought iron professional cookware is perfect for everyday oil/fat based frying, grilling, etc. AUS-ION™ cooks and seasons like all bare cast iron cookware, but is half the weight. Seasoned iron is the only known non-toxic and forever-renewable non-stick. All other non-stick cookware is made with toxic and/or disposable synthetic coatings.
2. Our new conductive solid ferritic nöni™ stainless steel range is perfect for all liquid boiling, slow cooking, acidic sauces, and is very low maintenance.....and indestructible.
Both ranges are designed to work together as a complete set of complementary pans, on any heat source.
Please familiarise yourself with our Seasoning and Care instructions here before purchase, especially if you are new to bare iron cookware.
For deliveries outside of the US, New Zealand and Australia, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your country, we can quote the shipping and add the destination.
Height at bowl: 5cm
Height at handle: 10cm
53cm long overall
Made in Australia from the highest quality 3mm thick Australian iron (very low carbon or mild steel).
AUS-ION™ cleaning, care & maintenance tips here
26cm wrought iron skilletBy: Patricia Stevenson on 24 June 2020I’m very happy with this product. The seasoning is a bit daunting at first when I haven’t had to do it for a long time. All wok’s used to be iron and needed special handling but I’d forgotten about it. The pan is really good and almost non stick now. Good enough that I’ve just bought another bigger pan.
Great ServiceBy: Brad on 4 May 2020Very happy costumer thank you for the great service. Australian made!!!! Can’t go wrong.