AUS-ION™ 'Satin' 30cm Wrought Iron Dual-handled Wok
Seamless 1-piece Australian Iron Professional Cookware
AUS-ION™ 'Satin' 30cm Wok. 2.5mm thick wrought iron for even/fast heating. Formed from one tough and seamless piece Australian iron (very low carbon steel). Dual handles for easier handling. No rivets, welds, wood, coatings or plastic, for the ultimate in multi-generational durability. No loose or broken handles ever!
Each pan is engraved with the month and year of manufacture for heirloom collectibility.
L 45cm including handles, Diam 30cm, H at handle 8cm, 1.3kg. 4L capacity.
AUS-ION™ Australian-made wrought iron professional cookware is perfect for everyday oil/fat based frying, grilling, etc. AUS-ION™ cooks and seasons like all bare cast iron cookware, but is half the weight. Seasoned iron is the only known non-toxic and forever-renewable non-stick. All other non-stick cookware is made with toxic and/or disposable synthetic coatings.
Please ensure you are familier with our seasoning and care instructions here before purchase.
What is 'Satin?'
'Satin' refers to the surface finish: Shot-peened and lightly pre-seasoned all over, with no additional anti-corrosion coating to remove prior to use. The textured 'Satin' finish makes seasoning easier (the rough surface grips seasoning better when the pan is new, making them easier for inexperienced seasoners). With shot peening we found a way to replicate cast iron's ease of seasoning in our lighter wrought-iron pans.
Shot peening is also known as shot blasting. Thousands of small steel balls are fired at the surface at extreme velocities to indent (peen) the surface without removing metal. It is not an abrasive process like sand or grit blasting.
Peening leaves a minutely hammered surface that is perfect for anchoring seasoning in the 'craters', while not being sharp enough to jag food on the 'hills'.
What is this seasoning you speak of?
If you are new to iron cookware seasoning is basically ‘build your own’ natural non-stick and it is the reason why bare iron cookware can become non-stick without toxic and/or disposable synthetic coatings. It involves a process called polymerisation whereby oil and fat is transformed by heat and bonds to the iron, creating a non-toxic natural non-stick surface that you build and maintain yourself over time. If you cook with fats and oils and wash carefully, your natural non-stick will keep renewing for many lifetimes. Your pan will naturally darken in colour as the seasoning develops.
Natural seasoning is healthy, non-toxic and forever renewable. Discover how easy it is to build-your-own healthy, non-stick and forever-renewable AUS-ION™ cooking surface here and never replace a non-stick pan again!
AUS-ION™ features and benefits at a glance:
- Ergonomic handle, venting in neck to dissipate heat and reduce heat transfer at grip for cooler handing with regular use.
- World first One-piece, rivet & weld free construction for improved hygiene & durability (patents pending) - no food trapped around rivets, no wobbly handles ever.
- Suitable for induction and any cook top/oven/flame source (except microwave)
- Build your own natural seasoning to make these pans very nonstick. Traditional oil based seasoning is healthy, toxin-free, and forever renewable – just like cast iron, only ½ the weight. Watch the videos to see how easy it is here: http://www.solidteknics.com/ironcare
- Multi-century warranty (single piece construction, no coatings, thick & tough): http://www.solidteknics.com/warranty/ Not a marketing gimmick, just solid engineering.
SOLIDTEKNICS AUS-ION™ wrought iron (low-carbon steel), and nöni™ ferritic stainless steel cookware are the only two production cookware ranges made in Australia. All three ranges are non-toxic, healthy, sustainable, and multi-century durable. AUS-ION™ and nöni™ are also World-first seamless, rivet-free, 1-piece wrought pans, with patents pending.
Ideally, every cook interested in healthy, non-toxic, and sustainable cooking will have a mixture of iron and stainless steel pans in the kitchen, because each has its strengths for different types of cooking:
1. AUS-ION™ Australian-made wrought iron professional cookware is perfect for everyday oil/fat based frying, grilling, etc. AUS-ION™ cooks and seasons like all bare cast iron cookware, but is half the weight. Seasoned iron is the only known non-toxic and forever-renewable non-stick. All other non-stick cookware is made with toxic and/or disposable synthetic coatings.
2. Our new conductive solid ferritic nöni™ stainless steel range is perfect for all liquid boiling, slow cooking, acidic sauces, and is very low maintenance.....and indestructible.
Both ranges are designed to work together as a complete set of complementary pans, on any heat source.
Please familiarise yourself with our Seasoning and Care instructions here before purchase, especially if you are new to bare iron cookware.
For deliveries outside of the US, New Zealand and Australia, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your country, we can quote the shipping and add the destination.
Aussie WokBy: Leanne Gillard on 28 May 2020I'm extremely happy with my wok, knowing that it will last forever, is safe to use & totally Australian
Woks for usBy: Peter Barr on 26 May 2020We followed the oiling procedure and it now works real well for us. Only suggestion would be to support handles with wood grip as they get very hot . Especially like it being an Aussie product.