Baking trays are for OVEN USE ONLY. DO NOT STOVETOP SEASON, or use on a stovetop.
Please note, this information is for AUS-ION™ Baking Trays only - our nöni™ Baking Trays do not require seasoning.
Our AUS-ION™ Baking Trays have been seasoned and are ready to use, straight out of the box! Remember, this is not a synthetic coating - this is real, natural seasoning that will continue to change and improve as you cook/bake.
We recommend greasing the tray as this will continue to improve your seasoning foundation. If at any time you wish to re-season your tray, just follow the steps below.
If you would like to touch up your oven tray seasoning at any time, follow the simple instructions below:
How to re-season your AUS-ION Baking Tray
1. Preheat your pan/s in the oven to 90°C for 15 minutes. Carefully remove from the oven (take care, it’ll be HOT!), and place on a heat-resistant surface.
2. With a lint-free cloth or tough paper towel (avoid microfibre as it is synthetic and made from plastic, consider an old cotton t-shirt, tea towel or even a pillowcase), wipe a very thin layer of oil over the entire tray. We recommend rice bran oil, though any cooking oil or fat with a high smoke point can be used for seasoning. You only want the lightest layer possible - wipe on, then wipe off. The pan should look dry like there is no oil left on the surface. Too much oil is one of the most common causes of weak, flaking, sticky or problematic seasoning.
3. Increase the oven temperature to 250°C. Place the tray upside down in the oven for 1.5 - 2 hours. Switch the oven off and without opening the door, leave the pan to cool in the oven for at least 30 minutes, or ideally overnight.
4. Repeat the oven seasoning process 1-3 times to establish a strong seasoning foundation for corrosion resistance. You will notice your tray start to darken in colour.
5. Start baking! We recommend greasing the tray with a light layer of butter or oil.
Copyright © 2023 SOLIDTEKNICS PTY LTD. All Rights Reserved
ABN: 17600300481. E-commerce software by Neto
In the spirit of reconciliation Solidteknics acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.