1/4C extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp butter
6 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 cans whole peeled tomatoes packed in juice, pureed in a food processor
1 large onion, peeled and split in half
1/4 C minced fresh parsley leaves
1/4 cup minced fresh basil
1kg (about 3 or 4 medium) Italian eggplants, sliced into 1 /2-inch slices lengthwise
1 1/2C all-purpose flour
3 eggs, thoroughly beaten
1C panko-style bread crumbs
2 tsp dried oregano
1 1/2 C vegetable oil
2 cups finely grated parmesan
2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
To make the neapolitan sauce:
1. Preheat a nöni™ 2.5L saucepan on medium heat with olive oil and butter to melt. Add garlic, oregano, pepper flakes and stir constantly until fragrant.
2. Add tomatoes, onion, half of the parsley, and half of the basil. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat and cook without a lid until reduced by half. Add the remaining parsley and basil and season with 1 /4 tsp of salt. Remove the halved onions and discard. Set aside.
To crumb the eggplant (in a three bowl setting):
1. Crumb the egg plant slices by (in a three bowl setting) coating each slice in flour, followed by dipping in beaten egg, followed by coating in a mix made of panko bread crumbs, dried oregano, and parmesan cheese. Set aside.
2. Preheat a large AUS-ION™ or US-ION™ skillet over medium heat with enough oil to achieve a depth of half a centimeter across the pan. Carefully place the crumbed egg plant in the oil to fry for about two minutes, until the panko crumbs have turned golden brown. Flip each piece to to fry the second side. Transfer to paper towels to drain and season with a dusting of salt.
To make the parmigiana:
1. In a nöni™ 26cm skillet, spread tomato sauce across the bottom of the pan, place crumbed egg plant pieces on top. Fill in gaps between the crumbed egg plant with more tomato sauce, and then cover with a layer of mozarella cheese and parmesan cheese. If using a deep pan, repeat multiple times to create a layered eggplant parmigiana.
2. Place in a preheated oven at 1 90 degrees until the cheese has turned a golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Garnish with parsley and basil to serve.
Copyright © 2022 SOLIDTEKNICS PTY LTD. All Rights Reserved
ABN: 17600300481. E-commerce software by Neto
In the spirit of reconciliation Solidteknics acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.