BACKORDER AUS-ION™ 'RAW' 35cm Wrought Iron Pro Wok
Seamless 1-piece Australian Iron Professional Cookware
AUS-ION™ 'Raw ' 35cm AUS-ION™ Wok, comes coated in a light layer of beeswax for protection.
2.5mm thick wrought iron for even/fast heating (much more efficient than thinner carbon steel woks.) and has dual handles for easier handling plus a flat bottom to suit any cook top (including induction) and lower walls for easier tool access. No rivets, welds, wood, plastic, or coatings for the ultimate in multi-generational durability. No loose, wobbly or broken handles ever! Each pan is engraved with the month and year of manufacture for heirloom collectibility.
L 50.5cm, Diam 34.5cm, H at handle 7cm, H of bowl 7.5cm, 2.3 kg, 4.5L
AUS-ION™ Australian-made wrought iron professional cookware is perfect for everyday oil/fat based frying, grilling, etc. AUS-ION™ cooks and seasons like all bare cast iron cookware, but is half the weight. Seasoned iron is the only known non-toxic and forever-renewable non-stick. All other non-stick cookware is made with toxic and/or disposable synthetic coatings.
Please ensure you are familier with our seasoning and care instructions here before purchase.
What is seasoning?
If you are new to iron cookware seasoning is basically ‘build your own’ natural non-stick and it is the reason why bare iron cookware can become non-stick without toxic and/or disposable synthetic coatings. It involves a process called polymerisation whereby oil and fat is transformed by heat and bonds to the iron, creating a non-toxic natural non-stick surface that you build and maintain yourself over time. If you cook with fats and oils and wash carefully, your natural non-stick will keep renewing for many lifetimes. Your pan will naturally darken in colour as the seasoning develops.
Natural seasoning is healthy, non-toxic and forever renewable. Discover how easy it is to build-your-own healthy, non-stick and forever-renewable AUS-ION™ cooking surface here and never replace a non-stick pan again!
AUS-ION™ features and benefits at a glance:
- Ergonomic handle, venting in neck to dissipate heat and reduce heat transfer at grip for cooler handing with regular use.
- World first One-piece, rivet & weld free construction for improved hygiene & durability (patents pending) - no food trapped around rivets, no wobbly handles ever.
- Suitable for induction and any cook top/oven/flame source (except microwave)
- Build your own natural seasoning to make these pans very nonstick. Traditional oil based seasoning is healthy, toxin-free, and forever renewable – just like cast iron, only ½ the weight. Watch the videos to see how easy it is here: http://www.solidteknics.com/ironcare
- Multi-century warranty (single piece construction, no coatings, thick & tough): http://www.solidteknics.com/warranty/ Not a marketing gimmick, just solid engineering.
SOLIDTEKNICS AUS-ION™ wrought iron (low-carbon steel), and nöni™ ferritic stainless steel cookware are the only two production cookware ranges made in Australia. All three ranges are non-toxic, healthy, sustainable, and multi-century durable. AUS-ION™ and nöni™ are also World-first seamless, rivet-free, 1-piece wrought pans, with patents pending.
Ideally, every cook interested in healthy, non-toxic, and sustainable cooking will have a mixture of iron and stainless steel pans in the kitchen, because each has its strengths for different types of cooking:
1. AUS-ION™ Australian-made wrought iron professional cookware is perfect for everyday oil/fat based frying, grilling, etc. AUS-ION™ cooks and seasons like all bare cast iron cookware, but is half the weight. Seasoned iron is the only known non-toxic and forever-renewable non-stick. All other non-stick cookware is made with toxic and/or disposable synthetic coatings.
2. Our new conductive solid ferritic nöni™ stainless steel range is perfect for all liquid boiling, slow cooking, acidic sauces, and is very low maintenance.....and indestructible.
Both ranges are designed to work together as a complete set of complementary pans, on any heat source.
Please familiarise yourself with our Seasoning and Care instructions here before purchase, especially if you are new to bare iron cookware.
For deliveries outside of the US, New Zealand and Australia, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your country, we can quote the shipping and add the destination.
Excellent cookwareBy: Scott on 26 September 2020Another fine piece of cookware, thanks Solidteknics!
Very versatile wokBy: Artem on 3 September 2020I really like this wok, it's very handy for so many things, the only thing I with it was available in "Satin" finish, the RAW is just too much work to get proper seasoning on.
Wok onBy: Shaun Elliott on 19 May 2020Got a 35cm wok for the Mrs. really impressive delivery time, especially given the COVID19 impacts. Had fun trying to season it cause it was too big for our oven, but got there. It will also be a learning curve to use it on our induction stove, no problem on our bbq wok burner. Great stuff & love knowing it’s Aussie made. :-)