What makes the TSS special?
The TSS is our first ever Solidteknics Kitchen tool! A multi-functional tool, designed to Turn, Scrape and Scoop!
Features and benefits:
- 3 essential tools in one: turner, scraper, and scooper
- Two versions are available: 3mm ferritic stainless steel, and 3mm solid Titanium, with both left and right-handed options.
- Multi-century durability. Never replace in your lifetime, and pay it forward for many generations of heirloom cooking love
- Side radius designed to match Solidteknics pan radii Asymmetrical head for more efficient turning
- Straight, thin edge for scraping. Ideal for keeping stainless pans clean as you cook, and scraping lumps from seasoned pans
- Deep side wall for big capacity scooping
My TSS is scraping my pan:
The TSS has been designed specifically to work with our AUS-ION™ iron range and suits our nöni™ stainless steel range too. Scraping is important for seasoned iron to remove stuck on food while the pan is still hot. Most difficulties with sticking on seasoning arise from not being aware that all the fine black bumps are carbonised food, and not seasoning, and those bumps act as velcro for food. Scrape them down as you cook! Far more effective than rounded edge flippers. If scraping with your TSS is scraping seasoning off your AUS-ION™ pan too, just apply less pressure. Remember, there are no toxic or synthetic coatings on any of our cookware, so you don't need to worry about scratching or scraping your pans - they're made to be workhorses over many lifetimes, not short-term beauty queens! Seasoning can always be renewed.
What makes the Titanium TSS so special?
Made from solid 3mm thick Titanium, our Titanium TSS is 40% lighter weight than our ferritic stainless steel version, has similar strength, though is softer for less abrasion on cookware. The titanium also offers ultimate corrosion resistance, is inert and non-toxic.