1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
125g pancetta or proscuitto, cut into strips
4 green shallots, peeled & sliced
6 sprigs of thyme
1C vegetable stock
10 Roasting Potatoes
50g melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. On the stovetop, preheat your chosen AUS-ION pan (26cm is ideal), on medium heat and add oil.
2. Add pancetta/proscuitto, shallots and thyme. Allow to cook, stirring occasionally for approx. 5 minutes until golden.
3. Add stock and bring to the boil. Transfer the contents of the pan to a heatproof mixing jug and set aside.
4. Using a sharp knife or mandolin, slice potatoes crosswise very thinly, retaining the shape of the whole potato.
5. Arrange in a single layer insdie the pan, so that the potato fits in snuggly.
6. Pour over pancetta/stock mixture, allowing the liquid to drizzle into the potato slices.
7. Season with salt and pepper (keeping in mind that prosciutto is already salty).
8. Cover the pan with a lid or foil, and place in the oven for approx. 45 minutes.
9. Uncover and pour over melted butter. Bake for a further 30 minutes until cooked through and golden.
Copyright © 2023 SOLIDTEKNICS PTY LTD. All Rights Reserved
ABN: 17600300481. E-commerce software by Neto
In the spirit of reconciliation Solidteknics acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.