1 large Sweet Potato (500-600g)
1C Whole Milk Ricotta
1/4C Parmesan Cheese
1 1/2 Tbsp salt
1 1/4 C Flour
1. Prick the sweet potato a few times with a fork, and microwave until soft, about 7 minutes. (You can also bake the sweet potato in the oven, approx. 1 hour until soft).
2. Scoop the flesh of the sweet potato into a mixing bowl. Discard the skin. Mix in the ricotta, parmesan, and salt until well combined and almost completely smooth. Add the flour 1/2 cup at a time, kneading very gently after each addition (don’t over knead it – you don’t want it to get tough).
3. Eventually, as the dough becomes easier to handle, transfer it to a clean floured work surface and form it into a loaf, about 22 x 12cm. Cut a slice off of the loaf on the short side. Roll and stretch the slice on a floured surface until it forms a long, skinny rope-like shape. Cut the rope into 2cm segments and transfer to a bowl: this is your gnocchi.
4. Bring a large pot of water to boil, add the gnocchi, and boil until the gnocchi rise to the top of the water. Drain and toss gently with a little olive oil to prevent sticking. At this point you can cook the gnocchi, refrigerate to finish later, or freeze them.
5. Cook and serve with whicever sauce/vegetables of your choosing! We like to keep things simple with some charred broccolini, olive oil, garlic and salt. Fry the gnocchi until golden. Our AUS-ION pans are perfect for this!
Copyright © 2022 SOLIDTEKNICS PTY LTD. All Rights Reserved
ABN: 17600300481. E-commerce software by Neto
In the spirit of reconciliation Solidteknics acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.