The Pear-fect Cake
Autumn is here and pears can be at their best this time of year...we adore this 'Pear'-fect cake baked in one of our AUS-ION pans.
300gms SR Flour
175gms Caster Sugar
175ml Sunflower Oil
I Egg (large)
1 Lemon - Zest & Juice
1/2 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Tablespoon Ground Ginger
3 Semi-Ripe Pears
4 Tablespoons of Soft Brown Sugar
Preheat oven to Oven 180°C / 356°F and grease the base and walls of your pan with butter. (We used the AUS-ION™ 22cm Sauteuse).
1. To make the cake batter, combine flour, caster sugar, milk, oil and egg together in a bowl until smooth.
2. Finely grate into flour mix the zest of the lemon, add cinnamon and ginger - stir through batter.
3. Core and finely slice pears. In a sepearate bowl, place the sliced pears and squeeze half the lemon. Add 3 tablespoons of the brown sugar and coat pears.
4. Pour cake batter into your pan and gently place the pear slices down into the batter. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of soft brown sugar over the pears.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden.
6. Allow to cool, turn out onto a wire rack or serve hot in the pan with your choice or cream, ice-cream or custard.