AUS-ION™ RAW BBQ 'Sear Ring'
Seamless 1-piece Australian Iron Professional Cookware
Convert your classic Weber® Kettle into a complete modular cooking system with patented wrought cookware, made in Australia. Delivery will be late February or early March 2020.
We are proud to introduce theTEKNICS', made from 4mm thick Aussie iron in teknics’ Sydney factory. Designed to perfectly fit in the original Weber® 57cm/22" Kettle Charcoal Barbecue, and carry a range of teknics cookware!
The SOLIDTEKNICS BBQ 'Sear-Ring' accomodates the following Solidteknics products (available for separate purchase) to form a complete modular cooking system with the Weber® 57cm/22" Kettle Charcoal Barbecue.
- The AUS-ION™ RAW 35cm Bigga Skillet and 'Satin' 35cm Bigga Skillet (same pan, different finishes).
- The AUS-ION™ RAW 35cm wrought iron Bigga 'Flaming' Skillet
- The AUS-ION™ RAW 35cm, 10L wrought iron DEEPA Pan
- The AUS-ION™ 'Satin' 35cm wrought iron Pro Wok
- and the nöni™ 2pce 6L Rondeau + 33cm Skillet-lid Set in Seamless Ferritic Stainless Steel.
Solid 4mm thickness for superior toughness and conductivity (full dimensions below).
‘Raw’ finish ready for seasoning directly in the Weber® Kettle while you cook.
Made in Australia in patented single piece construction.
Each BBQ 'Sear-Ring' is engraved with the month and year of manufacture for heirloom collectibility.
Outer diameter 55cm, inner diameter 35.5cm, 4mm thick.
Designed to fit in the original Weber® 57cm/22" Kettle Charcoal Barbecue, and carry a range of teknics cookware.
What is RAW?
'RAW' refers to the surface finish: Just traditional raw iron, with no seasoning or surface blasting.
SOLIDTEKNICS AUS-ION™ wrought iron (low-carbon steel), and nöni™ ferritic stainless steel cookware are the only two production cookware ranges made in Australia. All three ranges are non-toxic, healthy, sustainable, and multi-century durable. AUS-ION™ and nöni™ are also World-first seamless, rivet-free, 1-piece wrought pans, with patents pending.
Ideally, every cook interested in healthy, non-toxic, and sustainable cooking will have a mixture of iron and stainless steel pans in the kitchen, because each has its strengths for different types of cooking:
1. AUS-ION™ Australian-made wrought iron professional cookware is perfect for everyday oil/fat based frying, grilling, etc. AUS-ION™ cooks and seasons like all bare cast iron cookware, but is half the weight. Seasoned iron is the only known non-toxic and forever-renewable non-stick. All other non-stick cookware is made with toxic and/or disposable synthetic coatings.
2. Our new conductive solid ferritic nöni™ stainless steel range is perfect for all liquid boiling, slow cooking, acidic sauces, and is very low maintenance.....and indestructible.
Both ranges are designed to work together as a complete set of complementary pans, on any heat source.
Please familiarise yourself with our Seasoning and Care instructions here before purchase, especially if you are new to bare iron cookware.
55cm Diameter outer diameter
35.5cm inner diameter
4mm in thickness
Made in Australia from the highest quality 4mm thick Australian iron (very low carbon or mild steel).
AUS-ION™ cleaning, care & maintenance tips here