26cm 'Flaming' Skillet - for searing meats/seafood/veg over flames & smoke
Australian-made, healthy & multi-generational cookware
Made in Australia from clean 3mm thick Australian iron, our AUS-ION™ pans provide excellent heat retention and thermal mass for consistent, even cooking. Seasoned with our new Quenched™ finish and ready to use. Learn why Quenched™ is a game-changer in iron cookware! Suitable for all heat sources from stovetop (including induction) to oven to campfire.
The Australia map cut-out in the handle is great for hanging the pan when not in use!
Please note, all of our pans have a carefully engineered concave built in. This is normal with all heavy based iron and steel pans, to allow for movement when heated. To learn more about our concave and why it’s important, click here.
Before use: Please read our Seasoning and Care guide.
- Made in Australia from clean Australian iron.
- Patented seamless, one-piece design. NO rivets, welds or toxic and/or short-lived coatings!
- Seasoned for you with 100% non GMO Rice Bran Oil. Learn more HERE Traditional oil based seasoning is healthy, toxin-free, and forever renewable.
- Suitable for Induction, stove tops, BBQ’s, campfires + all (non-microwave) ovens, even charcoal and pizza ovens!
- Exceptional heat retention, even heating and thermal mass.
- Ergonomic handle with heavy venting to dissipate heat and reduce heat transfer at the grip well enough for regular handling during normal stovetop use.
- Multi-century warranty + each pan is date stamped for this generation and the next…and the next…
All of our pans are designed to fit in a standard 600mm domestic oven, though we recommend checking measurements prior to purchase as internal dimensions of ovens do vary.
Charred salsa? Yes please!By: Abel Sanchez on 1 November 2022Turn on the vent, open a window and let's make some flame charred salsa. Flame kiss your ingredients, let everything get some color, blitz them in a blender and in minutes tastier salsa than anything you might buy at the grocery store! This skillet was a gift and at first I thought I might not use it, but indeed I reach for it often.
Worlds best charcoal cooking surfaceBy: Harry Waters on 1 September 2022This is hands down the best cooking surface I have used over charcoal. It gives you the perfect sear from the contact with the carbon steel while allowing the fat to drain and the charcoal flavor to get through to the meat. maintains an excellent non-stick cooking surface from the natural cooking process which is very easy to refinish if necessary. I have had this over serious heat (pan glowing red - far beyond what it is designed for) and it does not warp or bend. I have abused the cooking surface (wire brush and an angle grinder after leaving it out in the weather) and the satin finish clings to the new seasoning layer like new. It works great over a purpose-built cooker or a campfire. I am so impressed with this pan that I have built two cookers to serve it - one out of an old blacksmith forge and one out of a 3.7l gas bottle. nb. this is the perfect size pan to build a cooker from the 3.7l gas bottle
Hi Walter, thank you kindly for taking the time in writing a review, we appreciate your generous words and huge support. Happy cooking!